Mictert is the only company in South Africa to offer a comprehensive, in-house fieldwork course for its fieldworkers, through its School of Fieldwork.
Mictert project managers as well as research practitioners who are involved in fieldwork on a daily basis, ensure School of Fieldwork students are totally au fait with the best fieldwork practice before entering the field.
We teach our fieldworkers:
- The background to fieldwork, such as what is important in an interview, and how a research questionnaire is set up.
- The intricacies of in-depth interviewing and moderating, and telephonic interviewing techniques.
- How to use devices in the field.
- Transcribing, coding and respondent recruiting, as well as sampling, with concepts such as working with intervals and substitution being thoroughly discussed.
- Techniques to overcome the potential barriers which fieldworkers often face in the field.
Then follows the practical element of the course, where fieldworkers participate in a live project. They then write an exam, which they must pass with 60% in order to join our exclusive team of fieldworkers.
- The benefits of a well-trained field force
- Decrease in churn
- Improved interface between clients and fieldworkers
- Accurate and efficient fieldwork you can rely upon